Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bedtime Habits


My sweet little boy has NEVER been a good sleeper, but I am told neither was I so its just payback. Well.. yes im guilty he has always slept with us, I nursed him so it was so easy and I HATE getting woken up at night so life was good baby slept and so did I. Well now that he is 9 mths old and tosses and turns in the bed Brett and I decided it was past time to get him in his own crib, that I made such a fuss about getting. I had him a on great schedule before Brett got home from his last detail on the New Harmony Fire, and then I went to Salt Lake with the fam and he WILL not sleep alone anymore. So after LOTS of sleepless nights and crying for HOURS ( no joke he cried for 4 hours one night) and time spent in the crib with him showing him it was ok and safe we had no such luck. We were both just so exhausted and fed up, weren't quite sure what to do, but we knew we had to be strong and ONE day it would pay off. Well for now we have decided he hates his crib, he is sleeping in his pack n play in our room but not our bed, two nights ago he cried for 40 min, the next night we stayed in StG a lil nervous if we would make progress but we did. Only screaming for 15 min and tonight he only cried for 5.. WOO WOO! now if we can just get him in his own room this story would be complete.
This picture was suppose to be of Brett and Degan in his crib but when I ran to get the camera Brett jumped out so this is just Degan with a huge smile and tears, because he wasn't alone. Man I love this kid, can you see why we had a hard time saying NO!

3 comments:

Andrea Gilberg said...

Oh that is so hard...Emilie luckly didnt cry for very long at all. Easton will sleep in his bed just not for long periods of time. So I am totally going through the same no sleeping patterns :) It sucks ha ha. I need to let him cry it out so he can learn to fall asleep on his own, anyways, its tuff but hang in there. He is so darn cute.

Kassi said...

He is such a sweet little boy! I would have a hard time saying no to that face too! He is just so cute! I want to snuggle him! Hope you guys are doing well!! :)

The Judkins said...

Oh WOW thats so funny! This sounds like our exact story. We have done a couple night of crying but we never stick to our guns. Maybe we will try the pack and play in our room for a while.