Tuesday, December 2, 2008

thanksGIVING 08'

Happy Thanksgiving to those I missed on Thursday!!
Thanksgiving this year was a little different, we still got to spend time with family but Brett had to work at Chrysliss in the afternoon/evenings and so I didn't get to spend very much time with him. But oh well.
Thursday we got up early and headed to St.george to start cooking the turkey on our Keg Roaster( Brett's bright idea). My brother (the lil chef) found a recipe to marinate it all night long in a 5lb bucket and then put stuff under the skin and then we put a can of beer in with it to help keep it moist. That turkey was the best dressed bird I had ever seen, it was definetly the most interesting thing we had done.
For those of you who don't know my family our tradition is to make something a lil different every year the only constant thing at our house is Potatoes :) We cooked this thing out side on the deck and poor Brett was the chef since it was his Keg Roaster, and it was drizzling outside so he had to sacrifice.. Here are a few pics of that time.

We ate our lovely turkey it had the best flavor of any turkey I had ever tasted, Great job Nic and Brett!
I had good intentions of getting completely ready for the day but once I got to my parents I lost all hopes of actually acomplishing the task. We did take a few pics a couple of my belly but im sitting down so you dont get the full extent but thats alright.


Friday I did not want to go shop so we didn't , my grandma did need something from Bed Bath and Beyond so right before the sale ended at ten am we hopped into the store got what we needed and got in line and paid and out we went it was the fastest Black friday shopping I had ever done. I then met Brett in Hurricane and we headed over to Kanab , we got to spend a few hours with his parents before we went to Orderville for the Brinkerhoff family meal, but as usual they ate about an hour after we were told to be there, so we grabbed our turkey dinner to go and back over the mountain we went so Brett wouldnt be late for work. I then went home and took a much needed nap and waited for him to come back so I could cook dinner and we watched a Christmas movie with Eric (a guy Brett supervises). The rest of the weekend was a lil mellow but nice. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and got to spend it with your loved ones around.

5 comments:

Em said...

You are such a cute little prego girl! I'm glad your Thanksgiving day was good!

cassidy said...

Just for the record... I don't think any pregnant person after about 25 weeks should have to get ready!! (at least that's what I tell my husband, daily!;) You're looking great! Are you still working?

~..kass..~ said...

You are so cute and SO close! I am still voting early for that baby boy to come ;)
We were totally going to fry our turkey but it is SO cold here (-2 right now) and so we could really do it outside maybe another time and place!

Errin said...

ahh you look so cute!!!

Dave & Robin said...

Liv you look so dang cute pragnant! :)