Friday, October 24, 2008

Deer Hunt 08'

This year Brett and his Dad went out hunting alone, the wifes stayed home. Well that was the plan...
I had to do Kariann's hair saturday morning (opening day) and then her wedding so I just thought I would spend the weekend in St.geroge. Boy was I ever wrong. I did my duty and the bride looked gorgeous.

Hung around for the wedding ceremony and it was so beautiful I cried, but im almost 8 months pregnant so Im allowed :) Then I decided I couldnt stand being away from my husband for 5 full days. Normally I would of been fine and I wanted to him to go Hunt and harvest a deer and have such a wonderful time, BUT my pregnancy hormones got the better of me and I decided I needed to be with him for at least the day. So I headed out to Kanab, then bright and early sunday morning went out with my brother and sister inlaw to hunt and met up with him. I loaded my big ol self in the jeep and out we went looking for the BIG buck. I think we had only been drivin maybe fifteen minutes when Brett spotted what he thought was pretty decent, out the window. He stopped hopped out grabbed his rifle and took his shot. The deer humped up and off he went after it, Bobby (his dad) jumps out the other side takes off down the road to help and I try to get in the drivers seat to move the jeep off the dirt road incase other people need thru. Mind you Im 30 weeks pregnant and climbing between seats is not that easy to do... So they went off I tried to drive up to where I thought they were, and I couldnt see them anymore so I decided I was gunna take a lil snooze till they came back. Who knows how long I was asleep but bobby came back and said lets go, drive over to where they had tracked him down and gutted him, so off we went.


Since we were in the jeep, this is how we transported the lil guy.
When we got back to camp we found out that not only did Brett kill, but so did his brother James and his uncle Bob. So there was a lot of work to be done, 3 deer to skin and hang haha.. that sounds so morbid.



After all the work we had a wonderful dinner sat around the fire and enjoy ourselves.
I spent the night out there and I honestly slept better in the trailer than I had the past two nights so that was great. Monday afternoon I headed back to town and then back to cedar. Brett stayed out till Tuesday night , but I at least got to spend two days with him so I was alot better and wasnt having withdrawls. We had a sucsessful hunt but boy am I glad hunting season is all over with now its a count down till the baby gets here.

9 comments:

Brittany said...

You look so cute pregnant, pretty as ever! That's awesome he got a deer, tell him Congrats! You guys will have lots of meat. As far as Halloween, Brodey is going to be a power-ranger, Vance will be a mouse, and I'm going to be a tree. Are you going to dress up? If so, what? You should definitely carve pumpkins, tell Brett that you have to practice for when you actually do have your kids there to carve them with you!

Kassi said...

Well that deer was bigger then anything we saw!! I think my dad and brother saw some bigger ones once we left haha we must be bad luck! I love the deer hunt. It means that fall is here and that Halloween is just around the corner then Thanksgiving and Christmas. SO much fun time to spend with family! Best time of year! Tell him congrats on the kill! :D

Errin said...

eww gross! ;)

~..kass..~ said...

I wish I could have seen you again at the wedding :( You looked SO cute!!!! I love your belly!!

The Clampets said...

It was a fun Weekend. But I'm so glad it's over too! I'm glad brett got a deer. Now you get to eat Deer Meat..EWW GROSS..Espesially after you and I were about to hurl!

Kenna said...

You're brave! I can't handle the goryness, I'd say your quite the prego champ! Out in the woods 8 months pregnant! You go girl! :)

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Looks like you had fun I don't blame you I'm NOT even prego and I have such a hard time being away from my husband for ONE night! You are SO cute I'm so excited for your baby! Tell Brett congrats lets get together SOON!

cassidy said...

I'm getting way more anxious, we're SO close!! Is your baby shower this saturday or next? Mine's the 15th, so mark your calendar if you're here!! I can't wait to see the little babies! It will be so fun to get them together!

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

I know I was sad that we couldn't come over for dinner that would have been FUN! 8 weeks WOW, I WISH I could come Saturday I'm going to Provo to watch my sister at State Volleyball so but Lane and I are going to bring a present over and come visit! We NEED some catching up! :)