Sunday, August 2, 2009

Car Accident

So.. this week has been pretty busy with lots to do. Well.. We went to St.George on Thursday for Brett's doctors appointment and I wanted to just stay the night and go home Friday night after Tammy's Party, but Brett had to WORK again.. so I decided so I could spend more time with him I would just make two trips to St.George. I also had Kenzie with me, and I promised her we could go swimming so Friday we woke up and got ready to go back to St.George. I was trying to gather all our stuff for two kids and then get the dogs (Palmers) stuff together so I could take them back home. We finally got headed out of town a lil before 10. We are just cruising.. ready to go play and have a fun day.. when all of a sudden this tie-down strap comes loose of a truck, ( let me back track just a little. A long time ago on our way to Las Vegas , Tammy was driving and this semi had something come loose from his truck and bounced in the road and right thru our windshield. So I am VERY afraid of semi's and things falling off. I know I over re-act but I just can't help it. ) Ok back to the future well past but the recent. As I see this debris floating in the air I hurry and tried to swerve to miss it but I was going TO fast and starting swerving all over the road and could not get control of the car, all I could think was to slow down try to slow down so you can get better control of the car. Some how in the midst of all the chaous we spun around not sure how many times and then went off the road and hit a linear post. We could of very easily rolled off the edge, but didn't. I know that Heavenly Father was watching out for us. No one was hurt we did not hit another car, and I think I missed the tie-down. No one say what truck it was and he didn't stop but I am just very grateful that the kids were okay and had NO injuries. I of course was panicking and shaking and about crapped my pants. Called brett and thankfully he had not gone out on a fire yet so he came to my rescue and we switched cars and we continued our journey to St.George. We didn't have that much fun the rest of the day but we did make it to TAmmy's Surprise 50th birthday party and had fun. Here is all the damage it did to my car.. We are VERY lucky !

4 comments:

Kristy said...

That is so scary, I'm glad your ok.

Errin said...

wow!!! You are so lucky! So glad your ok!!

Sam and Mandy Noel said...

So scary Alivia! I'm glad you and the kiddos were okay.

April said...

I am so thrilled to hear that you were all ok. I hate car accidents.. very tramatizing!